Monday, January 21, 2013

Great Week For Kayaking

The weather in Vegas has been great recently so I took full advantage of it. I got out to Lake Mead for a couple hours the other day even though it was a bit breezy. Saturday our Meetup group did an overnight paddle out of Willow Beach, AZ up the Colorado River towards Hoover Dam. Even though I just went out for the day it was fantastic weather. Other than a couple tour rafts, we pretty much had the river to ourselves. It still amazes me that more kayakers don't get out this time of the year. It so peaceful without all the boaters and jet skis.
My friend Larry and his faithful mascot Edwina

Headed up the Colorado River approaching the gauging station.


Saturday my friend Bonnie and I went out to Lake Mead again and paddled around the Boulder Islands for a while. I actually spent some of the time out there in short sleeves. Temperature was around 62 degrees and the sun was shining. The weather is supposed to stay nice this week so I have a couple more paddles planned.

Bonnie getting the feel of her new kayak.

The lake was smooth as glass at times.

Bonnie contemplating the tranquility of her surroundings....or she may have just been Facebooking. I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment