Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bad Weekend At The Lake

Not me...someone else. The weather was supposed to be beautiful again so Monday I decided to get in a bit of paddle time. As I was paddling down the shoreline I came across this debacle.

I don't know if the driver was coming in at night and mistook the campgrounds for the marina or maybe they just had one too many beers to celebrate St Patricks Day. Either way it was a bad night for them...and probably expensive. The boat was about 50 or 60 feet up on the beach. Later I saw a couple vehicles with a trailer trying to load the boat. That must not have worked because shortly after that a big truck with a hoist showed up to lift the boat onto the trailer. I would have liked to have been there to see what damage was done to the hull. They must have hit the beach wide open.

On a happy note, Spring is here. The turkey vultures are coming back. I haven't seen any of them all Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment