Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beautiful Day At Lake Mead

Took a look at Windfinder this morning. It seemed like today was going to be the only decent day this week with high winds and possible rain moving in so I loaded up the kayak and headed out to the PWC Beach. I had no set plan. I was just going to "freestyle" to get some miles in. I managed 9 miles before calling it a day. Pretty uneventful but the weather was perfect. Winds were 2-3 mph at the most and the temperature was probably in the mid 60's. Signs of summer where obvious...a couple jet skis tearing around the lake (sigh). At least the water will be warm enough to learn rolling pretty soon. I'm looking forward to it.
A shot of the Las Vegas Marina while returning from the Hemingway Wall.

If you want to see my route, you can click on the link below. Please keep in mind that Strava is mainly a biking and running program so it lists this route as a bike ride. (That would be some trick.)


No comments:

Post a Comment